EMS Consulting Services Adjunct Instructor Application Packet
Adjunct Instructor Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the Adjunct Instructor shall include, but are not limited to:
1. Knowledge in all areas of pre-hospital emergency care, techniques, and delivery across all types of emergency services delivery systems.
2. Provide a safe learning environment for students and follow current methods of the instructor for adult based learning.
3. Physically monitoring class sessions to assure program continuity and ensuring that each student has the cognitive, affective, and psychomotor skills necessary to function as an emergency services provider.
4. Teaching program lessons, as defined by the U.S. Department of Transportation EMT-Basic National Standard Curriculum.
5. Assisting the Lead EMT-Instructor in conducting the program sessions.
6. Create courses for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) as requested by EMSCS staff.
The qualifications of the Adjunct Instructor shall include, but are not limited to:
Currently holds certification/license in one of the following areas:
EMT-B, NJ EMT(I), MICP, FP-C, MICN, RN, MD, DO.
Minimum of 6 years of service in emergency services.
Instructor level certification in at least one of the following:
ITLS, PED-ITLS, AHA CPR for Healthcare Provider, PEPP, NJ EMT(I), ICS-400, CEVO, EVOC, Fire Instructor I.